MESSAGE TO RLSA TEAMS REGARDING IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON 2020 SEASON - April 2, 2020
The following is an update on the impact of COVID-19 on the 2020 season:
1. Softball Saskatchewan has extended the suspension of all sanctioned activities until Friday, May 1st. This follows the same decision made by Softball Canada.
2. ACI has extended the closure of the Centennial Bingo Hall until Thursday, April 30th.
3. April 19th umpire clinic has been cancelled. They plan to either reschedule the clinic or provide it by alternative means.
Based on the above:
1. The RLSA Spring meeting has been postponed until further notice.
2. The start date of the season has been postponed until further notice. The season cannot begin until Softball Sask lifts their suspension of sanctioned activities. As soon as we find out the suspension will be lifted, the Executive will meet to prepare a plan for the season and schedule the Spring meeting.
In the mean time, stay well. Contact Brenda Anderson, RLSA President, at 306-539-4943 if you have comments or questions.
MESSAGE TO RLSA TEAMS REGARDING IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON 2020 SEASON - March 18, 2020
The RLSA Executive held a meeting to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the 2020 season:
Based on the above, the RLSA Executive made the following decisions:
Until we know more, teams should:
Stay tuned. We will continue to provide updates as needed.