Thu
Aug
05
06:45 PM
Elite
Vipers
Thu
Aug
05
06:45 PM
Regina Rage
Rise
Mon
Aug
09
06:45 PM
TBA
Diamondbacks
Mon
Aug
09
06:45 PM
TBD
TBD
Mon
Aug
09
06:45 PM
Rebels
Dakota Winyan
Tue
Aug
10
06:45 PM
Rampage
Earl Grey Heat
Tue
Aug
10
06:45 PM
Kaos
Pride
Tue
Aug
10
06:45 PM
Power
Anonymous
Tue
Aug
10
08:30 PM
TBD
TBD
Wed
Aug
11
12:00 AM
TBD
TBD
Thu
Jul
29
06:45 PM
Power
Falcons
10
8
Thu
Jul
29
06:45 PM
Dakota Winyan
Anonymous
7
6
Thu
Jul
29
06:45 PM
Regina Rage
Bomb Squad
4
9
Thu
Jul
29
08:30 PM
Anonymous
Falcons
11
10
Tue
Aug
03
06:45 PM
Iskotew
Rampage
3
7
Tue
Aug
03
06:45 PM
Thunder
Riot
9
4
Tue
Aug
03
06:45 PM
Dakota Winyan
Rebels
6
2
Tue
Aug
03
08:30 PM
Kaos
Iskotew
22
6
Wed
Aug
04
06:45 PM
Rebels
Anonymous
9
11
Wed
Aug
04
06:45 PM
Power
Dakota Winyan
22
6

2020 Fall Meeting Minutes


 2020 RLSA FALL General Meeting

November 5, 2020 8:30 PM via Zoom

Voting Process: Brenda advised with respect to motions, if no one is opposed will deem it as carried

 

  1. Call to order: 8:36

 

  1. Adoption of agenda: no agenda items to add

1st: Danielle Swartz; 2nd: Tyler Gerrard

 

  1. Adoption of minutes from Spring 2020 Meeting (can be viewed on website under ‘About Us/Meeting Minutes’

1st: Shauna Hubick; 2nd: Leila Mohr

 

  1. Treasurer’s report: Presented by Gwen Fex
  • Only 12 teams participated in a reduced number of games
  • Revenue was about half of the past years due to shortened season
  • Bingo revenues also down due to bingo not operating due to the closures
    • Expenses ran at about 75% of the prior year
  • Operating expenses were significantly less (umpires, diamond maintenance, etc.) also due to the reduced number of games
  • Received a grant from the City of Regina for $5000
  • Gross profit of $4900
  • Moved $40,000 to term deposits to earn a little extra interest
  • Brenda mentioned that the lighting expense is actually for 2019
  • It is anticipated that the MAP grant for this year will be significantly higher than normal due to the cancellations of camps, provincials, westerns, etc. in 2020.

 Gwen Fex made a motion to move the financial report as presented; 2nd: Susan Gowans

 

  1. Bingo report/Worker Update
    • Held one bingo in March 2020 but then was cancelled until August.
    • Bingos are operating at this time with restrictions for workers (temperature checks for example)
    • New dates: November 20, December 4&18, Jan 1&15, Feb 5&19
    • Contact Maureen Pennington if your team is wanting to work bingos

 

  1. Douglas Park review
    • In 2019, backstops were extended on diamond 2 and 4 so all diamonds have been completed
    • Provincial Capital Commission (PCC) did not hire any summer students so limited projects were completed in 2020
    • PCC seems more open to the RLSA completing projects
    • We do need to get some landscaping done on the north side of the building as water is getting into the building - Brenda asked if anyone has any contacts to forward them to her
    • Would like to get some work done on our bleachers as they need painting and could use some board replacements. Considering replacing the wood with aluminum. If anyone has any contacts at metal fabrication businesses to let Brenda know

 

  1. 2020 Season review:

 A)  Return to Play requirements

  • We had a number of versions of our Return to Play document to reflect the changes that were put forward by the provincial government
  • Teams were pretty good at submitting their check in sheets
  • For the most part things went fairly well but it was noticed that the sanitation standards were not maintained as well as the season progressed (high fives, sharing bats and not sanitizing)
  • We were very cautious when the RLSA was notified of someone with potential COVID exposure. The Executive postponed games while awaiting the results of the testing.  We had 7 games that were rescheduled due to this.  Brenda thanked the teams for their attention to reporting these potential exposures to keep our players, umpires and the league safe.

 B)  Division structure

Division I - 0 teams

Division II - 8 teams

Division III - 4 teams

 

C)  Rescheduling games

  • 7 games rescheduled due to COVID and 7 for “other” reasons

 

D)  Default games (2)

  • Very minimal with only 2 games defaulted

 

E)  League tournament - cancelled

 

F)  League playoffs - no playoffs scheduled

  • Completed regular season on August 20th

 

G)  Affiliation process

  • One of the better years for teams submitting their affiliation forms and respect in sport numbers.

 

H)  Umpires

  • We were a little short on umpires this year but made it work with only a couple nights where we were short
  • Had some umpires come from Regina Minor to do a few games towards the end of the season; also had another umpire from outside of Regina to help us out as well

 

  1. 2021 SEASON PREVIEW

A)  Start date - when do we want to start regular season & playoffs?

  • Traditionally have been starting the first weekend in May and ending playoffs by the third week of July
  • Some discussions on whether we should consider moving the season back a few weeks to avoid the cold early season games
  • Could consider having a different number of games for each of the divisions
  • Tyler Gerrard suggested that we start mid-May
  • Duane Bakken comments: If we did start one or two weeks later than Minor ball then we could float umpires to the RMSL for the first 1-2 weeks to mentor the newer umpires.  This would be a very valuable help as far as the progress of the umpires
  • Sue Gowans: Speaking on behalf of RMSL: she said it was such a beneficial program that Duane and others completed with the umpires this past year. The RMSL usually starts the very beginning of May (if not end of April)
  • Leila Mohr said that it would be ok to start mid-May
  • Aubrie Houk: going into August may be hard for any girls attending college
  • Sarah Stelmacovich: With a “normal” year it can be super tough to get players into August (vacations, travel, etc.)
  • Georgina Carter: Her team would like to begin in the middle of May, play as many games as possible but finish by the end of July. If dealing with COVID issues and games get postponed, we could finish the games towards the end of July
  • A number of comments saying that it would be good to start mid-May.

  

B)  RLSA tournament dates - Tentative as June 4-6 but will finalize in the coming weeks

  • If we were to push the season start date to mid-May, many comments that teams were in agreement that they would still be ready for a tournament for the first weekend in June

 

C)  Team indications - aware of any new teams or teams taking leave of absence

  • None to note at this time. Please notify Brenda if you are aware of any requests.

 

D)  Affiliation process

  • We are considering using the RAMP platform to send out emails to teams to complete the documentation and sign the waivers. Would also allow us to compile and submit the required forms
  • All the team information would then be in RAMP and could be used as your “team management” application to track availability and send team notifications

 

Information Hotline: a few comments were submitted to Brenda during the season.  Will look in the Spring whether we should reactivate.

 

  1. Constitution & By-laws Amendments

A)  Set performance bond amount - currently $350

The Executive proposes that we keep the performance bond at $350.  1st: Matt Johner; 2nd: Don Beattie

 B)  Constitution & By-law amendments - None to propose

 

  1. General Operating Rule Amendments - None to propose

             

  1. Executive position elections - existing Executive have agreed to let their names stand

A) President - Brenda Anderson

B) Secretary - Cherise Burns

C) Registrar - Sarah Stelmacovich

 

  • No nominations received from the masses
  • Brenda thanked the Executive for their work this year to get the Return to Play guidelines in place, extra work with the waivers and the additional meetings to ensure details were finalized.  
  • Bruce Mathewson has given notice that he has resigned from the position of Division Representative. Brenda is asking that contacts put forth a request to their teams to see if anyone would be interested.  We will address this again in February.  Thank you Bruce for your work over the last 2 years.

            

  1. Other Business

        A)  Reminder that league fees and rosters are due 24 hours prior to the start of the season so start thinking about that

B)  Brenda will be contacting teams in February to confirm team intentions, number of games wanting to play, etc.

C)  Thank you to Brenda for all of her dedication, time and hard work to ensure that the RLSA was able to have a season in 2020. She spent countless hours getting all the things in place so we could play.

 

  1. Adjournment 9:20

Sue Gowan made a motion to adjourn the meeting. 

 

Upcoming Events


Aug. 06, 2021 9:30 PM to Aug. 07, 2021 2:30 AM

Bingo
Centennial Bingo Hall

read more »


Aug. 20, 2021 9:30 PM to Aug. 21, 2021 2:30 AM

Bingo
Centennial Bingo Hall

read more »


RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information